Wayne and Gerardine Hemingway team up with Get Living London to bring the ‘Best of British’ design to East Village
Award winning designers to lead interior design of private rented homes at East Village.
Get Living London, the residential owner and rental management company, has appointed acclaimed designers Wayne Hemingway MBE, Gerardine Hemingway MBE and their young HemingwayDesign team to lead the furnishing and interior design for its range of private rental homes at East Village, London’s newest neighbourhood and the former London 2012 Athletes’ Village.
Get Living London will have 1,439 homes at East Village available for private rental, with over half of the new homes to be offered as furnished. HemingwayDesign, founded by Wayne and Gerardine, has been appointed to oversee the furnishing of the new homes as well as the interior design of a series of new ‘show apartments’ to be unveiled later this summer. Their daughter Tilly heads up the interior design and furniture teams at HemingwayDesign, and is creating a series of distinct furnishing packages for the homes.
Central to the design ethos for the Get Living London homes is to use the ‘Best of British’ design and craftsmanship in a celebration of the unique role the London 2012 Games and East Village have played in recent British history.
Under HemingwayDesign’s guidance, furniture packages will feature key pieces by Britain’s leading designers, including Matthew Hilton (Designer of the Year at the 2008 British Design Awards), iconic British heritage brand G Plan, and products from HemingwayDesign’s own range. Products will be sourced from across the UK, including beds manufactured in Wales and mattresses from North-east London.
HemingwayDesign’s creative guidance will allow Get Living London to set new standards of design and furnishings for the rental market. Benefitting from a higher investment than properties with more traditional landlords, each Get Living London home will be furnished with high-quality products to reflect the future residents’ stylish and cosmopolitan lifestyles.
Get Living London will provide a choice of new 1 bedroom apartments to 4 bedroom townhouses, which offer spacious open-plan living areas and large balconies. All homes will have as standard fitted wardrobes in all bedrooms, wooden flooring in all living areas, and high-quality modern kitchen and appliances.
In addition, furnished apartments will feature a range of high-quality furniture selected by HemingwayDesign with each furnished apartment to include:
- Bed and bedside tables (for each bedroom)
- Sofa and armchair (in varying numbers based on size of apartment)
- Dining table and 4 chairs
- Coffee table
- TV console
- Café table and 2 chairs for balcony
Wayne Hemingway MBE said: “This is a once in a generation opportunity to help shape a crucial part of the Olympic legacy, providing much needed new homes for Londoners and ultimately improve people’s lives through well thought out design. In addition to addressing the demand for rental properties, East Village fulfils so many aspects of what makes a place liveable. It is well connected to public transport, and has wonderful parks and leisure facilities right on its doorstep. There will be indie shops, restaurants, cycle facilities and the apartments, streets and pocket parks are all wonderfully designed and delivered.
This is the first project on this scale that tackles the major issue of housing in London and still does it with design flair at the heart of the approach. It’s an honour to be part of it.”
Derek Gorman, Chief Executive of Get Living London commented: “The appointment of HemingwayDesign is an exciting step forward as we get ready to launch our new homes to the market this summer. Not only is Get Living London offering a new way of renting for Londoners with flexible tenancies, no fees and no middlemen, Hemingway Design will also help us set new standards of design and furnishing for the rental market. This exciting new partnership will help us combine high-quality new homes with the best of contemporary design expertly chosen by Tilly, Gerardine and Wayne and their talented team.”
Interested Londoners can get an exciting first-look at homes when show apartments and pricing are unveiled later this summer. To register interest and be amongst the first to find out more, please go to www.getlivinglondon.com
For More Info Contact:
Shula Pannick/Bea Bishop,
The Communication Group plc
Tel: +44 20 7630 1411
Head of Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7448 1461
Key features of Get Living London homes:
Get Living London is a new residential owner and rental management company that is helping to create London’s newest neighbourhood at East Village. Get Living London also aims to change the renting experience in London for the better, through a long term commitment to:
• Charging no fees – residents will pay no transaction fees, documentation fees, reference fees, check-in fees or inventory fees
• Providing direct residents’ relationships – by owning and managing the homes. Residents will be able to rent direct from Get Living London without any ‘middleman’
• Offering certainty of occupation and costs – people can choose between one, two or three year tenancies with residents-only break clauses and benefits for those committing to longer agreements
• Delivering exceptional levels of service – there will be a Get Living London Management and Marketing Centre opening this summer at East Village from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and at weekends to respond quickly and efficiently to residents’ needs
• Providing a quality place to live – at East Village, Get Living London offers not just new homes but all aspects of a thriving new neighbourhood from public realm and private courtyard spaces to shops, restaurants and cafes
“Design is about improving things that matter in life” www.hemingwaydesign.co.uk
About Triathlon Homes
Triathlon Homes offers a range of rent and ownership options, and will enable eligible people on low to medium incomes to live in a high quality home at East Village. With extensive experience of managing homes in London, Triathlon Homes partners – East Thames Group, Southern Housing Group, and developer and investor First Base look forward to welcoming residents into the new homes
Key facts about East Village:
New homes for Londoners
• A total of 2,818 homes, designed for modern, sustainable living by 16 world renowned architects with construction, fittings and finishes to the highest standard
• 11 individually designed areas provide neighbourhood character New homes for Londoners
• Spans over 27 hectares of land, equivalent to St James’s Park
• More than 10 hectares of new parks and open space
• Mature landscaped gardens with five park areas, public squares, play areas and courtyards
• Next to The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park – 285 hectares of parkland, waterways, and nature trails connected by paths for jogging cycling and walking Time and choice
• One of the best connected neighbourhoods in London
• Stratford International and Stratford Regional stations offering links to London’s key locations
• Reach the west end in 20 minutes, St Pancras International in 6 minutes (by High Speed 1),
• Canary Wharf in 12 minutes, Ashford in less than 30 minutes and London airports within an hour
• Over 30 local and independent shops, cafes and restaurants
• Steps away from Westfield Stratford City, Europe’s newest and largest shopping centre parks
• Adjacent to the world-class sporting venues of The Olympic Park
• A world-class education campus, Chobham Academy, with 1,800 places for students aged 3-19
• A state-of-the-art medical centre with a full range of healthcare service