Get Living London named ‘Landlord of the Year’ at Resi Awards
The residential owner and management company behind the former Athletes’ Village celebrates two year anniversary with a RESI Award.
On the eve of its second birthday, Get Living London was once again commended at the prestigious RESI Awards taking the award for private landlord of the year. The company which manages the 1,439 private rented homes at East Village, the former London 2012 Athletes’ Village, received the award for its pioneering approach to the private rented sector.
Having won ‘Property Newcomer of the Year’ at last year’s awards, this second, more service-based accolade, recognises the company’s long-term commitment to changing the way Londoners rent, while fostering a sense of community within the East Village neighbourhood.
Get Living London’s unique position at East Village has set it apart from other PRS landlords. Open seven days a week, its Management Office in the heart of East Village provides named Relationship Managers to each resident from check-in. No fees are charged, and Get Living London offers long term tenancies with resident-only break clauses to offer a stability and flexibility that is rarely seen in this market. With annual rent increases within a contract period linked directly to the Consumer Prices Index, it is little wonder that the company was singled out as private landlord of the year at the RESI Awards 2015.
Commenting on the win, Neil Young, CEO of Get Living London said: “From the very beginning, just two years ago, we set out to change the norms of renting. We have always believed that a progressive, service-led rental offer has to be part of the future for London’s housing market. I am very proud of all that the team has achieved here at East Village and this award proves that our efforts have not gone unnoticed. In fact, as we enter our third year, this win has strengthened our commitment to making renting in London an even better experience.”
To find out more about renting with Get Living London at East Village, visit GetLivingLondon.com.
For More Info Contact:
The Communication Group plc
Tel: +44 20 7630 1411
Head of Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7448 1461
About Get Living London
Get Living London is a true pioneer in the private rental sector, changing the way London rents. As the residential owner directly managing 1,439 private rental homes in East Village, Get Living London aims to make renting refreshingly straightforward and convenient. In this unique position, Get Living London:
• Doesn’t charge fees – Residents rent directly from Get Living London, rather than through a letting agency, which means there are no admin fees for preparing a tenancy agreement, no initial referencing fees, no fees to renew the lease, no check-in or check-out fees, no debit card fees and no commercial cleaning fees when residents move out (as long as the home is clean and hasn’t been damaged beyond ‘fair wear and tear’). This no fees approach can save renters up to £350.
• Provides long term stability with built-in flexibility – Residents are offered one to three year tenancies, with residents-only break clauses after six months. Annual rent increases within a contract period are linked to the Consumer Prices Index so there are no surprises for residents on a longer contract.
• Ensures a service-oriented approach – The expert property management team are on-site at Get Living London’s Management Office seven days a week to ensure any issues are dealt with quickly. The Management Office is open from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm at weekends, with an out-of-hours service for emergencies.
• Offers high quality homes – All Get Living London homes at East Village include fitted wardrobes, wooden flooring, fitted curtains and blinds, underfloor heating and modern kitchens with fully-integrated appliances. Every home meets the highest levels of sustainability and has achieved Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 – the UK’s single largest development to meet this standard.
• Is building a thriving new neighbourhood – Living in the former Athletes’ Village means living in a brand new, stylish and imaginatively planned neighbourhood – which showcases the best of British architecture and construction. East Village highlights include Chobham Academy, arguably the most impressive school in London, which now caters for 1,800 students from age 3 to 18, and the Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre, offering GP services to residents and the wider local community.
Further benefits for residents include free broadband and evening and weekend phone calls, great savings with Sky TV, and furnished homes come with complimentary high-end furniture packages.
Prices start from £395 per week for a 1 bedroom apartment, £415 per week for a 2 bedroom apartment, £530 per week for a 3 bedroom apartment, and £630 per week for a 4 bedroom townhouse.*
For more information, and to see Get Living London homes currently available to rent within East Village E20, visit GetLivingLondon.com and follow us Twitter @GetLivingLDN