Get Living London launches and gets ready to transform the way Londoners rent
No Fees, No ‘Middleman’, Superior Service & Homes in East Village, London’s Newest Neighbourhood.
Get Living London, a residential owner and rental management company, launches today. Established by Qatari Diar and Delancey (QDD), Get Living London aims to make renting in London a better experience – committed to charging no fees, delivering exceptional levels of service, and cutting out the ‘middleman’ by providing residents’ with a direct relationship to a quality landlord who both owns and manages their home. Get Living London will also offer certainty of occupation and costs – people can choose between one, two or three year tenancies with residents-only break clauses and benefits for those committing to longer agreements.
The first Get Living London homes will be available later this summer at East Village – formerly the Athletes’ Village and the first legacy neighbourhood to result from the London 2012 Olympic Games.
Today’s launch of Get Living London looks to respond to the acute need for new homes in central London and set a high quality standard for the capital’s residential rental market. To better understand what today’s renters want from a landlord, Get Living London has spent time listening to Londoners* and today launches with a long term commitment to:
- Charging no fees – residents will pay only their rent and there will be no transaction fees, documentation fees, reference fees, check-in fees or inventory fees
- Providing direct residents’ relationships – by owning and managing the homes. Residents will be able to rent direct from Get Living London without any ‘middleman’
- Offering certainty of occupation and costs – people can choose between one, two or three year tenancies with residents-only break clauses and benefits for those committing to longer agreements
- Delivering exceptional levels of service – there will be a Get Living London Management and Marketing Centre opening this summer at East Village from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and at weekends to respond quickly and efficiently to residents’ needs
- Providing a quality place to live – at East Village, Get Living London will maintain not just the homes but all aspects of the neighbourhood from public realm and private courtyard spaces to shops, restaurants and cafes
Get Living London is being launched initially at the much-anticipated East Village. There will be a choice of new 1 bedroom apartments to 4 bedroom townhouses, all of which are uniquely designed by 16 of the world’s leading architects and which offer spacious open-plan layouts, large balconies and winter gardens.
East Village, adjacent to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and Westfield Stratford City, provides more accessibility, space and world-class facilities than any other London residential development and brings together the vibrancy of city living with unrivalled outdoor areas. Other features include:
- Outstanding transport connections – Canary Wharf can be reached in twelve minutes, the West End in twenty and St Pancras International in just seven
- A world-class school, Chobham Academy (opening September 2013), offering education to 1,800 students aged between 3 and 19 – with East Village residents having priority places
- Tree lined streets, open parkland and private courtyards
- The buzz of over 30 local shops, cafes, restaurants and a gym at East Village
- The Sir Ludwig Guttman Medical Centre which provides East Village residents with access to GPs, dentists and a pharmacy
Derek Gorman, Chief Executive of Get Living London, commented: “We are aiming high and want to become London’s first choice for rental property. We have listened to what Londoners want* and believe Get Living London will set new standards for the rental market – no agents or ‘middlemen’, no fees, direct access to an experienced team and the convenience and flexibility of a range of tenancies.
“Get Living London will give people the opportunity to rent an outstanding new home at East Village, one of the capital’s best connected areas and London’s newest neighbourhood.”
Get Living London is launching with the support of the Mayor of London who has called for more consistent standards, transparency and opportunities for longer tenancies in London’s private rented sector. The centerpiece of the the Mayor’s proposals is the London Rental Standard, which Get Living London fully adheres to.
Richard Blakeway, Deputy Mayor for Housing and Land said: “Improving and expanding the private rental offer in London is vital to the capital’s economy. The Mayor wants to create a new deal for the almost one in four Londoners living in private rented accommodation, giving them clear information on rates and rent agreements and the security of accreditation system. This scheme, with it’s no fee deal and longer contracts, is exactly the kind of thing we want to see more of, helping to give hard working Londoners renting in the capital a fairer deal.”
The first Get Living London residents will be able to move into East Village from late summer 2013. Interested Londoners can get an exciting first-look at homes when show apartments are unveiled in the summer with further details to be revealed when the Get Living London Management and Marketing Centre opens its doors in August.
To register interest and be amongst the first to find out more, please go to www.getlivinglondon.com Pricing to be announced later this Summer.
*About the Research
Arkenford – a market modeling and consumer research organisation – was commissioned by Get Living London to better understand the needs of London renters. The researched comprised over 2,000 online interviews and focus groups with London renters aged 22-54 years old. Further details of the research are available on request.
For More Info Contact:
Tom Nutt/Bea Bishop,
The Communication Group plc
Tel: +44 20 7630 1411 /
+44 7775 686 706
Head of Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7448 1461
New homes for Londoners
• A total of 2,818 homes, including 1,379 affordable homes • Homes range from 1 bedroom apartments to 4 bedroom townhouses
• Designed for modern, sustainable living by 16 world renowned architects with construction, fittings and finishes to the highest standard
• Built to Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4
• 11 individually designed areas provide neighbourhood character
• Just under 10% of East Village’s 2,818 homes specifically adapted for disabled people These 240 homes have been designed to exceed industry standards set by HABINTEG and are 100% ‘Lifetime Homes Compliant’
• Adapted homes have design features to allow for chairlifts, hoists and rails to be installed throughout, kitchens have clear spaces underneath work surfaces, all electrical switches are easily accessible and there are downstairs bedrooms and bathroom facilities in all homes of more than two storeys
• The wider neighbourhood has also been designed to accommodate disabled residents with dedicated disabled parking for maximum access, charging points, illuminated and level entrances, wide doorways and large lobby spaces which are wide enough for at least two wheelchairs.
• Access to each of the buildings within East Village is also consistent, with gently sloping ramp access ensuring the process of moving from home to outside transport is step-free and straightforward.
• Spans over 27 hectares of land, equivalent to St James’s Park
• More than 10 hectares of new parks and open space
• Mature landscaped gardens with five park areas, public squares, play areas and courtyards
• Next to The Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park – 285 hectares of parkland, waterways, and nature trails connected by paths for jogging cycling and walking
• Connected to the Lea Valley – 26 miles of parkland from Hertfordshire to the River Thames, with the 10,000-acre Lea Valley Park
About Get Living London
Get Living London is a new residential owner and rental management company that is helping to create London’s newest neighbourhood at East Village – the first legacy neighbourhood to result from the 2012 London Olympic and Paralympic Games.
About Qatari Diar
Delancey (QDD) QDD is a joint partnership between Delancey and Qatari Diar Real Estate Development Company and the company behind Get Living London. Delancey is a specialist real estate investment company with a property portfolio that covers retail, residential and commercial developments across London and the UK, and which has a strong track record when it comes to creating and managing high quality places that people want to live and work in. Qatari Diar is wholly owned by the Qatar Investment Authority and has more than 35 projects in more than 20 countries. Qatari Diar aims to create and manage property investments and developments which not only comply with the best international standards, but also strongly reflect local culture and values.
About Triathlon Homes
Triathlon Homes offers a range of rent and ownership options, and will enable eligible people on low to medium incomes to live in a high quality home at East Village. With extensive experience of managing homes in London, Triathlon Homes partners – East Thames Group, Southern Housing Group, and developer and investor First Base look forward to welcoming residents into the new homes.