Former London 2012 Athletes’ Village welcomes public for art tours
For one day only East London artists to give talks within East Village foyers.
For one day only Get Living London is inviting the public into East Village, the former Athletes’ Village in London 2012, to tour art works by significant, established and emerging East London artists.
On Saturday 7 March, those who have pre-booked, will have the opportunity to view highlights of more than 70 loaned works, currently on display in the foyers of the neighbourhood’s Get Living London private rental homes in Stratford, E20. Some of the artists involved will be with their showcased works, giving public and residents alike the chance to experience local artistic talent first hand.
The featured artists in attendance will include Eleanor Bedlow, Felix Friedmann, Dolores de Sade, Aida, Sean Raggett, Nick Simpson, Neil Weerdermeester and Vanessa Short. As part of the tours, attendees will have a unique opportunity to speak to the artists and to hear directly from them about their works and their inspiration. Following the tours, refreshments will be served at Neighbourhood, East Village’s new family pub.
The foyer art is part of a new cultural programme by Get Living London, designed to integrate the creativity and innovation of the surrounding area into London’s newest neighbourhood. More than 70 loaned works, including Gavin Turk’s Gold Triple Pop and Sean Raggett’s Queen’s Wood, have been installed in 31 of the entrance foyers of Get Living London’s private rented homes, and will be rotated among the foyers twice over the coming year.
The initiative has been brought about through a close partnership with local East London arts organisations such as Hackney Wick and Fish Island CIC, Stratford Rising, Hidden Art and Hackney WickED.
Neil Young, Chief Executive, Get Living London said: “Bringing art to our foyers in East Village has created a real talking point among residents and we’re delighted to welcome the artists into these conversations. Hearing the vision and inspiration behind the works first-hand will provide a great opportunity for East Village residents, local people and members of the public to celebrate the artistic talent of East London.”
Tickets for the guided tours on Saturday 7 March are free but availability is limited. Public tours will start between 1pm and 1.30pm, with interested East Village residents given preview access earlier in the day.
Places are limited, and will be allocated on a ballot basis if requests exceed capacity, with all successful ticketholders contacted by Wednesday 4 March 2015.
For More Info Contact:
The Communication Group plc
Tel: +44 20 7630 1411
Head of Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7448 1461
About Get Living London
Get Living London is a true pioneer in the private rental sector, changing the way London rents. As the residential owner directly managing 1,439 private rental homes in East Village, Get Living London aims to make renting refreshingly straightforward and convenient. In this unique position, Get Living London:
• Doesn’t charge fees – Residents rent directly from Get Living London, rather than through a letting agency, which means there are no admin fees for preparing a tenancy agreement, no initial referencing fees, no fees to renew the lease, no check-in or check-out fees, no debit card fees and no commercial cleaning fees when residents move out (as long as the home is clean and hasn’t been damaged beyond ‘fair wear and tear’). This no fees approach can save renters up to £350.
• Provides long term stability with built-in flexibility – Residents are offered one to three year tenancies, with residents-only break clauses after six months. Annual rent increases within a contract period are linked to the Consumer Prices Index so there are no surprises for residents on a longer contract.
• Ensures a service-oriented approach – The expert property management team are on-site at Get Living London’s Management Office seven days a week to ensure any issues are dealt with quickly. The Management Office is open from 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm at weekends, with an out-of-hours service for emergencies.
• Offers high quality homes – All Get Living London homes at East Village include fitted wardrobes, wooden flooring, fitted curtains and blinds, underfloor heating and modern kitchens with fully-integrated appliances. Every home meets the highest levels of sustainability and has achieved Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 – the UK’s single largest development to meet this standard.
• Is building a thriving new neighbourhood – Living in the former Athletes’ Village means living in a brand new, stylish and imaginatively planned neighbourhood – which showcases the best of British architecture and construction. East Village highlights include Chobham Academy, arguably the most impressive school in London, which now caters for 1,800 students from age 3 to 18, and the Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre, offering GP services to residents and the wider local community.
Further benefits for residents include free broadband and evening and weekend phone calls, great savings with Sky TV, and furnished homes come with complimentary high-end furniture packages.
Prices start from £395 per week for a 1 bedroom apartment, £415 per week for a 2 bedroom apartment, £530 per week for a 3 bedroom apartment, and £630 per week for a 4 bedroom townhouse.*
For more information, and to see Get Living London homes currently available to rent within East Village E20, visit GetLivingLondon.com and follow us Twitter @GetLivingLDN