East Village wins prestigious ‘Development of the Decade’ Award at RESI conference
14th September 2016, London: Last night, East Village, formerly the Athletes’ Village during the London 2012 Games, won the Development of the Decade Award at the RESI conference 2016.
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of RESI, the ten most outstanding RESI developments of the past decade were shortlisted for awards in association with Mansion Global. Industry members were then invited to cast their vote for their favourite.
East Village was praised for fuelling further development in surrounding areas, bringing much-needed investment and jobs for the local community and creating a brand-new part of modern London. Voters were impressed that 6,000 people and 23 retailers now call East Village home, all on land formerly occupied by low-rent industrial units.
Just over half of the homes (1,439) are privately rented by Get Living London, the PRS company owned by clients of Delancey, Qatari Diar and APG. The remaining homes within the village comprise a mix of social rent, intermediate rent and shared ownership units, and are managed by Triathlon Homes.
Get Living London has twice won ‘Landlord of the Year’ at the RESI awards – also sponsored by Property Week. Now this peer-voted accolade highlights how others in the industry are recognising their long-term commitment to changing the way Londoners rent, while fostering a sense of community within the East Village neighbourhood.
Commenting on the win, Neil Young, CEO of Get Living London, said: “From the very beginning, we set out to change the norms of renting. Place-making is at the absolute heart of our proposition – creating meaningful ways for our residents to meet each other and taking time to find the most interesting independent retailers to join us. We survey our residents on a monthly basis and they regularly tell us it’s this sense of community that makes East Village so special. I am very proud of what we have all achieved and of the close, supportive relationships that we’ve built with our neighbours, legacy venues and particularly with the London Legacy Development Corporation. It’s fantastic to see that our efforts have not gone unnoticed.”
For More Info Contact:
Tel: +44 (0)20 7448 1481
Head of Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7448 1461
Please contact the Get Living London team at Hope & Glory PR with any queries at: email@example.com
About Get Living London
Get Living London is a true pioneer in the private rental sector, changing renting in London. The first Get Living London apartments and houses at East Village E20, the former London 2012 Athletes’ Village, are now home to more than 2,600 residents.
As landlord, Get Living London is in the unique position to:
• Charge no fees: Residents rent directly from Get Living London rather than an individual landlord, and doesn’t operate to the letting agency model. That means there are no admin fees for preparing a tenancy agreement, no initial referencing fees, no fees to renew the lease, no check-in or check-out fees, no debit card fees and no commercial cleaning fees when residents move out (as long as the home is clean and hasn’t been damaged beyond ‘fair wear and tear’). This can save renters up to £350.
• Provide longer contracts with built-in flexibility: Get Living London offer residents up to three year tenancies, with resident-only break clauses after six months. Annual rent increases within a contract period are linked to the Consumer Prices Index so there are no nasty surprises on a longer contract.
• Ensure a service-oriented approach: Get Living London’s expert relationship management team are on site at its Welcome Office seven days a week to ensure any issues experienced by residents are dealt with quickly. The Welcome Office is open from 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am – 6pm at weekends, with an out of hours service for emergencies.
• Offer high quality homes: All Get Living London homes at East Village include fitted wardrobes, wooden flooring, fitted curtains and blinds, underfloor heating and modern kitchens with fully-integrated appliances. Every home meets the highest levels of sustainability and has achieved Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 – the UK’s single largest development to meet this standard.
• Build a thriving new neighbourhood: Living in the former Athletes’ Village means living in a brand new, stylish and imaginatively planned neighbourhood – which showcases the best of British architecture and construction. East Village highlights include Chobham Academy, arguably the most impressive school in London, which now caters for 1,800 students from age 3 to 18, the Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre, offering GP and dentist services. Handpicked independent shops, bars and restaurants now include Tina, We Salute You, Pave Velo, Olive Loves Alfie East, Signorelli, Darkhorse Bar & Restaurant, Mama Lan, Bottle Apostle, Firezza, Mailboxes Etc, Regency Beauty, Blue Tit, Neighbourhood, Starshine Dry Cleaners and Better Gym East Village.
For more information, and to see Get Living London homes currently available to rent within East Village E20, visit GetLivingLondon.com and follow us on Twitter @GetLivingLDN or call 020 3714 8080.