East Village cooks up a storm with the launch of Shareeast Supper Clubs
Series of supper clubs at the former London 2012 Athletes’ Village adds to neighbourhood’s burgeoning foodie scene.
The former Athletes’ Village, East Village, is fast becoming a hot-spot for food and wine enthusiasts, and last night launched a series of ‘supper clubs’ in association with ShareEast. ShareEast is a unique scheme which brings together neighbours who value their time and their community to share skills and pool knowledge. The supper club scheme will see participating members take it in turns to each host a monthly dining experience; a dinner, brunch or lunch, for other members to enjoy.
Attendees to the East Village supper clubs will bring their own drinks to the dining experience whilst ShareEast will cover the cost of the ingredients, and a designated local host will prepare a meal for the group. The supper clubs are a perfect opportunity to meet neighbours, eat delicious food, and test out dinner party skills. Members who are hosting or cooking will earn Echoes (the currency of ShareEast which allows members to trade skills and time).
The launch of the supper clubs comes as East Village continues to build upon its food and drink credentials. Bottle Apostle, an independent wine retailer with a free wine matching service, is opening a new store in East Village on Saturday 23 May, one of a number of retail openings set to take place in the coming months. Gourmet pizzeria, Firezza, will also open this month, with Tina, We Salute You, a Dalston brunch and cocktail favourite, as well as Le Ziz, a modern Turkish restaurant, due to open this summer. Already open is Neighbourhood, a family-friendly gastropub, which, since its arrival at the end of last year, has become a thriving social hub for the residents of East Village.
Neil Young, Chief Executive of Get Living London said: “The arrival of supper clubs to East Village is yet another example of an innovative scheme, started by residents, which provides an opportunity for people to get to know their neighbours. I am very proud that our community is actively invested in forming new relationships and trying new things. The opening of new independent shops and restaurants in the coming months will only further establish East Village as a buzzing, vibrant neighbourhood for both residents and visitors.”
For more information please visit www.eastvillagelondon.co.uk
For More Info Contact:
The Communication Group plc
Tel: +44 20 7630 1411
Head of Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7448 1461
About East Village
• East Village is London’s newest neighbourhood and first Olympic legacy village on the doorstep of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
• Set in 67 acres of breathtaking parkland, East Village includes more than 25 acres of mature parklands, new parks and open space
• Positioned next to the world-class sporting venues of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, East Village residents have easy access to a further 560 acres of parkland, waterways, and nature trails connected by paths for jogging, cycling and walking
• One of the best connected neighbourhoods in London with Stratford International and Stratford Regional stations offering links to key locations such as the West End in 20 minutes, St Pancras International in seven minutes (by High Speed 1), Canary Wharf in nine minutes and London airports within an hour
• East Village is a thriving place for residents and visitors, offering a world-class education campus Chobham Academy for students aged 3-18, a state-of-the-art health centre and plans for an eclectic mix of 30 shops, restaurants, cafés and bars
• Homes at East Village are available through two landlords:
– Get Living London – is the residential owner of East Village managing a variety of homes for private rent
– Triathlon Homes – manage the affordable tenures at East Village, comprising social rent, intermediate rent and shared ownership
Visit eastvillagelondon.co.uk or call 020 3714 8080 to find out more.