db symmetry, the new UK industrial and logistics development joint venture formed by Barwood and Delancey, acquires ‘The Hub’ site at Swindon
db symmetry, the logistics property development platform recently formed following the purchase of a 60% holding in Barwood Development Limited by clients advised by Delancey; a specialist real estate investment, development and advisory company, has secured another major project following its purchase of a 48 acre site in Nottingham.
Clients advised by Delancey and db symmetry completed the purchase of 96 acres known as ‘The Hub’ site at Swindon which occupies a strategic location on the motorway side of the town close to the intersection of the A420 Oxford Road and the A419 Stratton St. Margaret By-pass, 4 miles north of Junction 15 of the M4 Motorway.
The site offers the rare opportunity to have a single distribution warehouse building constructed in excess of 1 m sq ft.
Swindon District Council recently granted outline planning permission for the scheme, which can accommodate over 1.2m sq.ft. of logistics and industrial space, and granted detailed consent for the formation of a new access and junction on the A420.
The developer has already started to proceed with infrastructure and associated enabling works and will be looking to attract large scale logistics occupiers for bespoke developments.
Equation Ltd represented db symmetry/Delancey in the transaction and will along with Savills be retained to market the site going forwards.
For More Info Contact:
+44 (0) 20 3727 1000
Head of Communications
Tel: +44 (0)20 7448 1461
Delancey is a specialist real estate investment and advisory company with over 20 years’ experience. We believe our edge is that we think and act like a principal. Working with a wide range of assets, partners and clients, we take a diverse approach to creating value from property. Our innovative strategies exploit the potential of every aspect of real estate acquisition and management. We have the ability to be flexible in the manner in which we operate and invest and can incorporate virtually any corporate structure.
As well as sourcing and negotiating direct property and corporate transactions, we advise on appropriate capital structures, procure third party financing and provide pro-active asset management and development services. Our work includes individual property investments, corporate investments, joint ventures and even the creation of new businesses.
Delancey has a diverse portfolio of retail, residential, office, logistic and corporate assets across London and the UK, including the Alpha Plus Group, Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre, The Kensington and 185 Park Street on the South Bank. Delancey is also a pioneer in the private rented sector and has spent much of the last few years bringing the legacy of the London 2012 Olympics to life; delivering over 3,000 homes for rent at East Village, the former London 2012 Athletes Village; and revealing the UKs leading creative and digital hub at Here East, the former Olympic Press and Broadcast Centre, which will provide over 4,500 jobs on-site and an expected additional 2,000 jobs in the local area. For further information visit www.delancey.com
Barwood is a highly successful group of associated companies generating excellent returns from investment, development, trading and asset management in the property and land sector.
LAND: Identifies, secures and promotes land with the potential to add value through the planning process
• Raised £15m with Aberdeen Asset Management in 2011 and recently closed further £15m fund with Rockspring PIM.
• Focus is strategic opportunities that anticipate planning and investment trends, while having regard to established planning frameworks.
• Whilst we continue to focus on our strategic land portfolio, we continue to look for opportunities to acquire land or to secure it by way of option or Joint Venture and partnership where the arrangement can genuinely benefit from our extensive planning and development experience.
HOMES: Aspirational living, in prime locations, with exceptional design
• Barwood Homes was set up in 2010 as a Midlands based homebuilder specialising in well designed, high specification developments.
• To date (Oct 2014), Barwood Homes has secured sites that will deliver at total of around 371residential units and has a strong pipeline which includes sites in solicitors hands which are capable of delivering a further 540 residential units.
CAPITAL: FCA authorised fund manager and adviser, delivering outstanding returns to investors from a broad range of property opportunities
• Manage funds invested in £100m of property assets delivering returns to investors between 12%-20% p.a.
• Raising further fund in early 2015 from HNWI and family offices which will deliver significant returns from a wide range of commercial and residential property opportunities within the regions, outside of London.